Sunday, April 4, 2010

Montage for March


In the middle of March, I competed in my 2nd race of the season - the Miami International Triathlon. I had a good swim and was able to break the 20 minute barrier for the first time ever in a mile open water, but the legs were not there for the bike and run. I battled fatigue for most of the race and finished a disappointing 9th place. Although this is not at all the race I was hoping for, I must comment on what a fun course this was. Parts of the bike course were on a track (very exciting!) and a good portion of the run was on a shaded trail with a turnaround at the ocean. If you're looking for a race course that's not just out and back and flat, I highly recommend - I know I'll be back!

While I was in Florida, I had the opportunity to teach Spanish for the day at Citrus Heights Academy in Clermont, Florida. My lesson plan included Spanish holidays, the Quinceanera tradition (similar to the sweet 16 celebration in America), and formal commands as well. After the lesson, the students were able to test their knowledge through a fun game of Jeopardy.

Back in Colorado, I had the chance to hang out with my aunt, uncle, and cousin for the weekend and show them some of my bike routes around Boulder, including the always gorgeous Estes Park. Although we'd been hit pretty hard with snow a couple of days before,we were still able to access most roads in Rocky Mountain National Park and take in some amazing views!

So after a whirlwind March, I am back in Colorado training hard for my first ever World Cup which will take place on April 18th in Monterrey, Mexico. I had originally planned to attempt a doubleheader at the end of March, with a race in Ishigaki, Japan the weekend after Mexico, but ultimately decided it best to focus on this one race. I think my body will thank me for this decision a few months down the road...

Wishing everyone a Happy Easter!

No comments:

20 Questions With Your Author

Hey, y’all! Remember me? I’m just now looking at the last time I posted on here… somehow, I blinked and over 1.5 years went by in the blogos...